The Bil-Jac® Nutritional Benefit
Nutritional excellence is the foundation for every decision we make at Bil-Jac. We promise that each and every one of our products caters to the nutritional needs of your pet first and foremost. From using real chicken, and much more of it, to protecting essential amino acids,
Bil-Jac delivers what your dog needs and wants.
The Bil-Jac Difference
When you feed Bil-Jac Super Premium Dog Food to your dog, he'll start wearing his best show-ring quality coat. One that's shiny, lustrous, and full. Because he's eating healthier, he'll also have softer skin, brighter eyes, increased activity, improved muscle tone – a sign that he’s getting all the vital nutrients he needs - and, believe it or not, a smaller & firmer stool.
Bil·Jac Super Premium Dog Food is uniquely made. It all starts with the fresh ingredients in Bil-Jac. Your dog is a carnivore, and that's why Bil-Jac provides MORE real chicken protein in his diet than any other dry dog food. We start by using high-quality real chicken and real chicken organ meat, which we source fresh daily.
These real chicken and real chicken organs are harvested daily, and gently processed into our products. From there, we help to protect the key nutrients in the real chicken and chicken organs by using the industry's only Nutri-Lock™ slow cook, vacuum process. This gently dehydrates the real chicken and pasteurizes the ingredients at a controlled temperature.
The extra care we take in sourcing, handling, and processing helps protect the heat sensitive amino acids which are key to your dog’s health. Bil·Jac avoids the heat damage that can occur in most expanded dog foods. And we add just the right blend of vitamins and minerals to make a complete and balanced diet.
- We use much more REAL CHICKEN and REAL CHICKEN ORGANS than other leading dry dog food brands (25 lbs. of real chicken is used in each 30 lb. bag of Bil-Jac Adult Select).
- Because we use so much real chicken, combined with our unique processing, no fat is added to Bil-Jac Super Premium Dog food.
- We never use grain gluten meals or grain protein concentrates as a source of protein in our formulas, because your dog deserves better.
- Our carbohydrates help to provide nutritional balance and energy — they are not a substitute for protein.
- Our unique Nutri-Lock™ slow cooking method may be helpful for sensitive dogs.
Our exclusive Nutri-Lock™ slow-cook method allows us to use much more real chicken than other producers. Competitive brands' processing simply can't use that much real chicken. In fact, 5 lbs. of real chicken is used to make a 6 lb. bag of our Adult Select.
Immune Support System
Bil-Jac Super Premium Dog Food ideally balances amino acids fundamental to superior nutrition - like Leucine, Lysine, Arginine and Methionine. These amino acids are essential; your dog’s body cannot make them. Each one of 10 essential amino acids must come from the diet they eat every day. Leucine and Lysine help rebuild muscle protein that breaks down during exercise. Arginine and Methionine help support a healthy immune system. And Methionine also helps ensure your four-legged family member has a shiny coat and healthy skin.
Smart Defense® System with Antioxidant Nutrients
Vitamins C & E
A healthy immune system is important for sensitive dogs. That's why our Bil-Jac Sensitive Solutions Formula with Real Whitefish features the Smar tDefense System, with vitamins C & E – antioxidant nutrients that help support the immune system. Sensitive Solutions also provides the essential amino acids, Arginine and Methionine.
- Arginine plays an important role in innate (born with) and acquired immunity.
- Methionine is involved in the formation of antioxidants, which support a healthy immune system, and is important for cell replication as well as a healthy skin and coat.
Our Nutritional Promise
Your Bil·Jac dog works hard and plays hard, that's why we've created a super premium dog food that will give your best friend the nutrition he needs to keep his body working the way nature intended. Bil-Jac Dry Dog Food is made by our family - for yours. That's a commitment to you and to your pets that we have taken very seriously, for over 65 years.